Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lots of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.
I wouldn’t echo all of this, but I like most of it. :)
the point of social activism isn’t equality or loving each other, it’s about breaking down dangerous power systems when are people gonna get this
Ultimate proof that cats are smart !!! more smart cats«
Cat intelligence is actually a pretty interesting topic in that the majority of studies on the subject basically have to end in the conclusion "we just don’t know" because cats are among the most uncooperative research subjects of all time. We know a great deal of cat sight, having used cats as the archetype for a vision-focused vertebrate/mammal, but we still know very little about what really goes on inside the cat mind.
Homeboy moved that ottoman like it was nothing.
Well over 100,000 votes have been cast and we’re down to the top eight ships. Which pair will represent each category?
We want to celebrate our favorite ships and shows that portray same sex relationships in genre television. To that end, genretvforall is hosting a shipping tournament from August 10th through September 7th.
You may vote as many times as polldaddy allows. If you vote too fast you may receive a cooling off period.
Each round ends Sunday night at midnight ET/11pm CT.
Questions or concerns: contact Emma off anon only.
Some big ships have already gone down! Spread the word within your fandoms to support your favorites in the remaining rounds!
School in a week. Nope.
Psh, third week of school. Bam.
Right now you’re coming across like a bunch of entitled babies terrified of a few girls in your clubhouse—demanding that women be thick-skinned about their own rapes while you’re too thin-skinned to handle even mild criticism.
I see this shit happening in open mics and comedy clubs in my city. I’m one of three women in a dark basement full of men. It’s real, and it’s happening.
I’m not going away, and neither is my anger.
Instead of just looking up into the sky, you’re actually gazing down into the infinite cosmic abyss, with only gravity holding you onto the surface of the earth.
i was not prepared for that
I just gasped like I wasn’t ready for that at all
- Jesus: It's important to help those less fortunate than you. Treat them as your brother.
- Christian Conservatives: *hurriedly turn the page*
Page 1 of 2161